Cox media group reports on KY man who helped donate for Sheriff AEDs saved within a year by one of those AEDs!

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending...saved-by-aed/INP443NJCVEBRA2SNVGGJJ7OTQ/

By Bob D'Angelo, Cox Media Group National Content Desk
February 27, 2022 at 7:30 am PST

MURRAY, Ky. — A Kentucky man donated money last year to help the sheriff’s department buy AEDs to save lives. It turned out that one life that was saved was his own.

Mike Mitchell, of Almo, was one of the first businessmen to donate money to the Calloway County Sheriff’s Office for the purpose of buying three automated external defibrillators (AEDs), WPSD-TV reported. The sheriff’s office now has 20.

Mitchell collapsed on Jan. 18 in his kitchen, and a defibrillator saved his life, as deputies carry one in their patrol cars, the television station reported.

“So much gratitude,” Mitchell, who owns Mitchell’s Towing, told WPSD. “There’s no way to repay them for that. I can say thank you but it’s, yeah, it was pretty traumatic.”

Calloway County 911 Dispatcher Dan Galloway received a call from Whitney Mitchell, reporting that her husband had collapsed and was unresponsive, the West Kentucky Star reported.

Galloway instructed Whitney Mitchell in CPR and dispatched an ambulance to the home, according to the newspaper.

“I was terrified,” Whitney Mitchell told WPSD. “Never seen anything like that happen before.”

Deputy Richard Steen used the AED -- a portable medical device designed to analyze heart rhythms and deliver an electric shock to victims -- to return Mike Mitchell’s heart rhythms to normal, the television station reported.

Mike Mitchell was taken to an area hospital and is recovering at his home, WPSD reported.

”The quickness of everyone involved was key to saving Mr. Mitchell’s life,” Calloway County Sheriff Nicky Knight told the television station. “Also key was the fact that our patrol vehicle had an AED available. I’m so thankful Mr. Mitchell’s donation came full circle and he is recovering from his cardiac event.”

It's About Life!